CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
The Contract Administrator is the individual responsible for administering the construction contract through to completion.
At Flowitt Architects we pride ourselves on our Contract Administration in which we are appointed by our clients and act as the client’s agent. Our roles under Contract Administrator’s will generally include:
- Inviting and processing tenders.
- Preparing contract documents for execution.
- Administrating change control procedures.
- Seeking instructions from the client in relation to the contract.
- Issuing instructions such as variations, or relating to prime cost sums or making good defects.
- Considering claims.
- Chairing construction progress meetings.
- Preparing and issuing construction progress reports.
- Co-ordinating and instructing site inspectors.
- Agreeing commissioning and testing procedures.
- Agreeing defects reporting procedures.
- Ensuring that project documentation is issued to the client.
- Issuing certificates of practical completion and interim certificates.
- Collating and issuing schedules of defects.
- Issuing the certificate of making good defects.
- Issuing the final certificate.
A contract will be a success if the client obtains a product of the required quality, within budget, by the required date and the contractor makes a reasonable profit. If these simple criteria are not achieved one of the parties is likely to be dissatisfied, resulting in time